Sunday, January 20, 2008

Here We Are...

I guess we'll join the craze. I don't know how interesting it will be, but at least all of you far away (which, let's face it, is everyone) can keep up with what we are getting ourselves into.

Like Stephanie, I thought I would post a list of the books I read in 2007.


· Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
· Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
· House of God by Samuel Shem M.D.
· Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
· Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky
· Drowning Ruth by Christina Schwarz
· The World According to Garp by John Irving
· The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant
· Nine Parts of Desire: The Hidden World of Islamic Women by Geraldine Brooks
· A Wedding in December by Anita Shreve
· Lisey's Story by Stephen King
· I Knew a Woman by Cortney Davis
· Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
· Charming Billy by Alice McDermot
· 1408 Everything's Eventual by Stephen King
· House of Leaves by Mark Danieleski
· Local Girls by Alice Hoffman
· More than Enough by John Fulton
· Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
· On the Beach by Nevil Shute
· A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
· Sisterhood is Powerful: An Anthology of Writings from the Women's Liberation Movement edited by Robin Morgan
· The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
· Saving Fish from Drowning by Amy Tan




Standouts were Eat, Pray, Love, The World According to Garp, and Suite Francaise. (Click on the books if you want to see more...)





My first book of 2008: Anna Karenina, which I struggled to get through and finally finished a few days ago.


What did you read last year?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting blog! Lots os interesting information. I will check more often.
MOM

Anonymous said...

LOVE YOU BOTH
MOM