Friday, April 2, 2010

She's Here!


Ahmad and I would like to introduce our daughter, Saraya Renee. Despite arriving early at 35 weeks, she is doing amazingly well.

I'll spare most of the details, but I admit that a four day induction of labor wasn't the most fun thing I have ever done. In the end, though, we were blessed with this beautiful little girl who Ahmad and I fell in love with instantly. Nana was there with us and Papaw was able to see her right after she was born even though he is in Iraq thanks to Skype.

Saraya has done great for being kicked out of the oven so early. She's eating like a champ (wonder where she gets that from?) and gaining weight everyday. She came home after only a week in the Special Care Nursery (a step down from the NICU) and has done great at home so far. We are blessed that she sleeps in four hour blocks so Ahmad and I are getting plenty of rest aside from the fact that I am either feeding or pumping for an hour and half every 3 to 4 hours.

Here are some pictures from her first few days at home.










4 comments:

Unknown said...

Saraya, your Nana misses you and I can't wait to get back to New York!! You have changed so much in just 4 days. I love you very much and I will be back in 3 days!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats you guys! She's absolutely precious. Enjoy every moment...it goes so fast! And try to get lots of rest when you can.

Jeremy and Amy Fegenbush

Anonymous said...

Hello Saraya, we can't wait to see you. Meredith is so excited and says you are PRECIOUS!! Laurel and I will be there soon to love on you and we all can't wait till your home in Kentucky!!

Love you lots,

Michael, Laura, Meredith and Laurel

LPM Photography said...

Congrats Allison! Sorry the delivery seemed so rough. It will be an amazing journey

Leslie