Sunday, May 22, 2011

International Traveler

From the day she was born, Saraya has been a wonderful baby. She is generally happy, rarely upset and she never seems to meet a stranger. If I wasn't already convinced of that, our recent trip to Jordan certainly solidified her status as the "World's Best Baby Traveler."

She was such a pro. I have to admit, I was a little apprehensive to tackle a 24 hour plane trip with a 14 month old all on my own. But it was necessary in order for Saraya to meet her Jordanian family and so off we went.

She was such a good girl. She flew well, even though we spent 9 hours in flight from Cincinnati to Paris and then 5 hours in layover in Paris and then another 5 hours from Paris to Amman. And even more miraculous, when we got there she immediately adjusted to Jordan time even though it was seven hours ahead of EST. I couldn't have asked for a better baby to travel with.

Here are a few snap shots. Try to check back and I hope to post some more pictures and perhaps a video or two soon.

Here she is in front of the Roman ampitheater ruins in downtown Amman.

This is the same hill as the previous picture, only from the other side. It is one of my favorite spots in the whole world. I am so glad I got to share it with Saraya.

Same spot. That large flag can be seen from much of Amman. Our apartment is just behind the flag.

Playing outside in our driveway. Notice the large lemon trees in the background.

Playing on the balcony. She LOVED Jordan!

No comments: