Sunday, February 10, 2008

Winter Blahs

So it is definitely still the middle of winter here. Apparently, there was a 36 car pile up today in Rochester due to white-out conditions on the highway. It wasn't even snowing...just white-out from the wind (the horrible wind!) blowing. It's freezing. Today, Ahmad commented that he really misses working outside and I have to agree. I miss our flowers and lilac bushes and shrubs. I miss our beautiful trees and the delicious cherries that grow in the backyard.


So, I decided to post some pictures of the lovely plants from last summer. Rochester really is amazing in the summer...but it's hard to appreciate when it's currently 10 degrees outside with a windchill of who knows what.
Until May, this will have to do:


This is our lilac bush. It has grown by leaps and bounds. Notice the bug? I LOVE my new camera!

Our mums were equally amazing this last summer. I swear, they were at least 2 and half feet tall.



Those of you who know me know that tulips are my favorite. We have a few, but these pictures were actually taken at the Lilac Festival here in Rochester which is held every May.
Only 2 more months (okay, I may be being a little optimistic here, but so what!) until Spring!

No comments: